Yes, it is correct. You may get free pan using services of Income Tax Department. What you need is the just the Aadhar Card with registered mobile number to get the OTP.
As Govt wants every citizen to have valid PAN so that he/she can use the same for financial transaction purpose or otherwise, so providing e-PAN as free by using the given link:
Now, you need to follow the following steps:
- Click on above said link
- You will get a option as “Get New PAN”
- Enter your Aadhar Number and Captcha required
- You need to confirm the following requirement:
- I have never been allotted a PAN.
- My Mobile number is linked with Aadhar number.
- My Complete Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY) is available on Aadhar Card.
- I am not minor as date of Applying for PAN.
- I have read all terms & conditions.
- After confirming the above said requirements, you need to click on Generate Aadhar OTP.
- After Submitting the same, your e-PAN will be allotted.
- You may download the same by submitting the Aadhar Number at Check Status of PAN.
- Your e-PAN will also be shared with you on your regd mail id.
Official Notification may be downloaded by clicking at given link as follows:
(For more details, you may call us at 70600-55045 or write us at email@example.com)